"The purpose of Life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Home Again

Time has seriously escaped me.  I blinked and it is August already.  I will try and touch on the highlights.

Robert started his own company.  He now has a dealer for Direct TV and Dish.  He really loves his job and I am so grateful he does.  It has really been eye opening to see what it takes to get this business up and going.  It is constantly evolving.  Robert loves the daily problem solving and challenges. I am glad he loves that kind of thing because I sure don't.

Robert's new business venture has been so wonderful though.  It has allowed us to move back to Utah to be near family, which has been the best thing.  Our landlords of our home in Texas called us back in May to inform us that they were selling the house that we were living in.  They would honor our contract but we had to be out by July 1st.

And so the packing began.  Luckily I had saved some boxes from the first big move and only had to round up a few more.  Packing seemed easier this time around.  I don't know if it was because Drew was older or that I knew how to pack things but it went quickly.  With Roberts new job he has teams spread across the nation so we could live anywhere.  He would be traveling a lot so I figured it would be best to be near family to help me.

So goodbye Katy! It was so good while we were there.  We really did enjoy our time there.  However, Utah just holds a special place in my heart. We miss our friends back in Texas and I did love the city we were in.  I don't miss the cockroaches.  So gross!

The return trip was long but my mom was kind enough to fly out to help me drive back with Drew.  We were able to stop at Magnolia market again in Waco.  So that was worth it! We stocked up on cute home decor and ate the most delicious cupcakes from the bakery there.  It was so fun.  It took us three days to make it to Utah.  Drew did really well on the trip.  He is such a trooper.


Since we have been home it has been a busy whirl wind.  We were so excited though. Summers in Utah are so special  and we haven't been able to have one in a few years.  I am grateful for the summers we were gone though.  It truly makes you appreciate what you miss.

Fourth of July was perfect.  We spent the afternoon with my grandparents and Aunt and Uncle watching a parade (Drew's first).  And then we had a wonderful lunch at my grandparents beautiful home.  They are the best cooks and their garden looks like it is straight from a magazine.


Later that evening we had dinner with Robert's family and did fireworks.  It was a perfect day.  It was so nice that Robert didn't have to work the holiday.

Robert was able to attend his first Corry Reunion.  It was so nice being able to share one of my favorite summer traditions with him.  It was also nice to be surrounded by family I hadn't seen in years.


Also in July, Tay turned 17.  My mom and I threw her a surprise birthday party and it was perfect.   I believe everyone had a great time.  Taylor had no clue about it and it all was executed perfectly!

After the partry the next day we drove up to pick up Cait from the SLC Airport! She was finally home from her mission in Mexico. It's so nice having her home.

We are currently living at my parents house until our place is ready so things have been a little hectic.  Drew is so so so busy.  He loves to explore and climb.  He squacks and squeels quite a bit too making church a bit challenging.  But he is worth it.  I really wouldn't be surprised if he starts walking soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment