"The purpose of Life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 22, 2016

A Lot Has Happened!!!

I really can't believe that October was the last time I posted.  It's crazy how fast time has been flying by.  Drew is already 10 Weeks old!

So here is what has happened in the last few months.

We wrapped up October by having a Halloween party at our house.  It was a lot of fun.  A lot of our good friends were able to come hang out and eat!  I am always a sucker for a good costume party.  I can't help it. 


Halloween was great.  Before we knew it Thanksgiving was here.  We bounced back and forth between our parents house and ate a ton of Turkey.  We had a great time with all our family.  We absolutely love the Holidays in our home.

Well December 4th came and went and there was still no sign of our baby.  I had my final appointment and my Doctor decided that I needed to be induced.  December 10th became the day!

We went in at midnight and before I knew it things were rolling a long.  Later that evening our handsome little man had finally arrived.  Drew William Lawrence 8lbs. 10 oz. 20 1/2 inches long. He is oh so perfect and we couldn't have been more thrilled.


We love having this little boy in our family.  He truly has blessed our home.  I never could have imagined how such a small little person could fill our home.  There is no shortage of love when it comes to this sweet baby.

He really is the perfect baby though.  He eats like a champ, sleeps pretty much all through the night, and only cries when he is hungry.  He is content and as happy as can be.  

It has been so fun.  Being a mom is better then I ever could have predicted.  



4 Generations of Lawrence men!





Christmas was wonderful with a new little baby.  We spent time with both sides of the family and we were able to Skype with my sister Caitlin who is coming home from her mission in July! We are so excited! 


The holidays came and went much too soon. Drew turned one month old and we were able to bless him in our ward before the big move.  Unfortunately Drew had a big blow out before I was able to get any pictures of him in his outfit and with the craziness of the move and the rate at which he is growing I wasn't even able to fake a picture... Oh well I will work on photographing important moments.

 Before we knew it it was time to pack up our things in to a Uhaul and move across the country.  It was so hard to say goodbye to all our loved ones.  We knew that we needed to move to Texas though.  Goodbyes are always the hardest part.  Now that we are out here it isn't as terrible as I thought it would be. ;)


My wonderful mother drove with the baby and I while Rob and his Dad took the Uhaul. It took us two and a half days to make it to our new home in Katy but we made it.  My mom and I may have taken a small detour to Wacco just to go to the famous Magnolia Market! It was worth the extra 40 minutes.  We were in home decor heaven! If you are ever near that neck of the woods you must go there.  
PS isn't my mom stunning!


We finally made it to Texas and we actually enjoy it quite a bit.  We love our Ward one hundred percent! They have been so welcoming and we already have quite a few friends.  Our neighborhood is awesome.  We have parks near by and every store we could ever need is within a ten minute drive from our house.

It has taken me awhile to get the house the way I like it but it is coming along.  I do have an adorable baby that distracts me from doing my chores like I should.




Life is good so far.  We honestly can't complain.  I am going to try and be better at this blogging thing especially because it's kind of my journal.  Any how that's all for now.  The baby is waking up from his nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment