"The purpose of Life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Would you believe it if I told you we moved again? Some of you probably would, some of you would probably just think we are crazy. I'm not going to lie though, I'm grateful to be back in Mountinous regions. Those Tornado warnings are scary stuff. 

Before we get to Albuquerque though we will back track a couple of weeks. 

So much has happened this summer it's crazy! One of the most exciting things though is that my beautiful sister McKenna is back from serving an incredible LDS mission in Halifax, Canada!


We missed her like crazy while she was gone for 18 months but we couldn't be more proud of her hard work. It's so fun to have her home. 

I was suppose to fly home from Kansas to be in Utah in time to hear her speak in church. As it got closer to my departure date, Rob got word that the team would be moving to Albuquerque, New Mexico. 
I somehow managed to talk my husband into adding 14 hours to his drive to New Mexico in order to surprise our families for the weekend. 

The morning of my flight I texted my mom at 4:00 in the morning telling her that my flight had been rescheduled, and that I had a friend that would drive me into town so she didn't need to worry about picking me up. Little did she know that Robert and I already had the majority of our car packed up and we're getting ready to embark on our 16 hour drive through Kansas and Colorado. I have to apologize to my mom for adding more stress to her plate with her already preparing for tons of extended family and friends coming over. I'm sure now she will tell you it was worth it though.  

It was so fun sneaking into my parents house and having Robert with me. They had no idea! Plus, we got to see a lot of cousins from my mom's side of the family.

Afterwards, we went to Robert's parents new house that they bought while we were gone to surprise them! Rob's brother Ken answered the door! Turns out his family was there too! It was the perfect weekend for Robert to make a quick trip home!

We went over to my sister-in-laws Heidi's house to say Hi the following evening, and to our surprise Jamie and her daughters were there on a surprise visit from Arkansas! It was like a little family reunion. 

Before I knew it, the weekend was over and Robert was headed back to work. I was going to stay home for the remainder of the summer but we found out that Robert had an Apartment in New Mexico instead of just a hotel, so I booked a flight to go and spend more time with him. 

We like New Mexico quite a bit. It's quite a bit like Southern Utah but dustier. I also had no idea how huge the city of Albuquerque really was. There is no way I'll see the whole city in my few weeks here. We did take a few hours to explore Old Town Albuquerque. It's such a fun little shopping area. The buildings are mostly old Adobe buildings painted bright colors. They have everything to buy from pottery to jewelry to extremely hot Hot Sauces. 



There was a really pretty old chapel near the center of the shopping area. 


And they also had the Gazebo in a little park where the Albuquerque Tango team was dancing. So we stopped and watched them for a minute. 


It was a really fun little touristy place to go and visit. 

One other thing that I have loved about my stay here is that we found a Bahama Bucks! When I lived in Arizona, my roommate Amanda and I use to go there and get the best shaved ice you have ever had. Seriously, it is absolutely perfection. If you ever get a chance to go you have to get a Bahama Rama Mama. It's your choice of flavor shaved ice with Vanilla Ice Cream on the bottom and their Tropic Creme on top. It's soooo good!



I will try to get out and explore a bit more before I head back to home and back to reality. But that's all for now. 


2 comments: