"The purpose of Life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Boredom Killers

So not working during the summer has its advantages and disadvantages but it really is all how you look at it.

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." -Shakespeare

I love that when I am at home I am able to keep the house clean and make good meals.  Laundry gets done and so do the dishes.  I have a lot of fun out here hanging out with the other girls exploring the town and trying new things.  Also Vivint has a women's club that we are all part of called Elevate and it helps us plan a monthly activity and usually involves prizes.  We have had book clubs and service projects and I try to stay busy.  Sometimes the days can seem a little long when Robert works from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

This month for elevate we had to put together a little service project.  We decided to do random acts of kindness.  It was a lot of fun.  We made little notes and drove around town doing different things.

Leaving a code for a Free Red Box rental

Putting dollars in the dollar bins at target

Leaving quarters in the candy machines

A free car freshener for some one at the car wash
It always brightens my day when I do something to brighten someone else's.  It was also fun seeing how excited the kids were to do something nice too.

Other things I do out here to stay busy include:

1. Blogging :)
2. Reading
Current reads
3. Going to the pool
4. Journaling
5. Trying new recipes
6. Going to the gym
7. Making posters to hang on the wall 
   (It makes the apartment walls less bare)


8. Calling family
9. And lately I have been enjoying listening to TED talks

I really think there should be no reason to be bored. Most of the time you just need an attitude change.  I love the summer because I feel like I get to grow and stretch a little.  What do you do to kill boredom?

3 comments: